What is a piece of clothing that “works”? Who is working whom? Is the one who poses the one who actually “works” hardest? The S/S 2017 collection of Berlin-based, Swedish- Vietnamese designer NHU DUONG entitled ‘WORK COLLECTION’ plays with the ideas of professionalism, leisure and appropriateness through a range of garments that are inspired by work outfits and hobby uniforms. Overalls, raw denim outfits, kung-fu pyjamas, biker pants, baggy tights and gloves, bomber-jackets, bomber suits,… [read more »]
Is the Art World (which is an industry like any other) impenetrable to piracy? What if the Art world were to function as an “urban industry”? urban being a marketable buzzword racially and in dealing with class. Would this bridge the gap of socioeconomic modes and methods of communication that so often are only dialogues aimed at targeting the privileged few?
In the spirit of a hustler, in the spirit of hustling i’m taking these works off the pedestal and i’m bringing them to the street to sell whether it’s legal or not.
“Why go to the gallery? I’M SELLING EXCLUSIVE CONTEMPORARY
WORKS YOU WANT!
1. MATTHEW BARNEY -“CREMASTER 3”- DISK 1 AND 2- 3$
MATTHEW BARNEY- “CREMASTER 4”- DISK 1- 3$
2. ARA PETERSON, EAMON BROWN, JIM DRAIN -“KALEIDOSCOPE FEEDBACK SINGLE CHANNEL VER”- 3$
3. PAUL PFEIFFER- “EMPIRE”- PREVIEW- 5$
4. CORY ARCANGEL- “UNTITLED TRANSLATION EXERCISE”- 3$
5. PIPILOTTI RIST- “PICKELPORNO”- 5$
6. MICHAEL DAVID QUATTLEBAUM JR- “INTIMACY OF BEING” & “SON OF DELPHI”- 2$
ALSO ON SELL WILL BE:
1. A SIGNED KEITH ARNATT POSTER- 20$
2. A SIGNED DAVID HAMMONS 1983 PAIR OF – 100$
NEW BALANCE SNEAKERS
3. GUEST MEMBERSHIP PASSES TO THE NATIONAL ARTS CLUB- 10$