Lafayette Anticipation associate curator Anna Colin talks to artist Tyler Coburn about Ergonomic Futures, a speculative project engaged with art, design, science, anthropology and writing. In this interview, Coburn discusses the research, production process and network of collaborators of a multilayered project ultimately concerned with the futures of humankind. Anna Colin: When one comes across your museum seats Ergonomic Futures (2016—) in contemporary art exhibitions—and soon in natural history, fine art, and anthropology museums—they look… [read more »]
Is the Art World (which is an industry like any other) impenetrable to piracy? What if the Art world were to function as an “urban industry”? urban being a marketable buzzword racially and in dealing with class. Would this bridge the gap of socioeconomic modes and methods of communication that so often are only dialogues aimed at targeting the privileged few?
In the spirit of a hustler, in the spirit of hustling i’m taking these works off the pedestal and i’m bringing them to the street to sell whether it’s legal or not.
“Why go to the gallery? I’M SELLING EXCLUSIVE CONTEMPORARY
WORKS YOU WANT!
1. MATTHEW BARNEY -“CREMASTER 3”- DISK 1 AND 2- 3$
MATTHEW BARNEY- “CREMASTER 4”- DISK 1- 3$
2. ARA PETERSON, EAMON BROWN, JIM DRAIN -“KALEIDOSCOPE FEEDBACK SINGLE CHANNEL VER”- 3$
3. PAUL PFEIFFER- “EMPIRE”- PREVIEW- 5$
4. CORY ARCANGEL- “UNTITLED TRANSLATION EXERCISE”- 3$
5. PIPILOTTI RIST- “PICKELPORNO”- 5$
6. MICHAEL DAVID QUATTLEBAUM JR- “INTIMACY OF BEING” & “SON OF DELPHI”- 2$
ALSO ON SELL WILL BE:
1. A SIGNED KEITH ARNATT POSTER- 20$
2. A SIGNED DAVID HAMMONS 1983 PAIR OF – 100$
NEW BALANCE SNEAKERS
3. GUEST MEMBERSHIP PASSES TO THE NATIONAL ARTS CLUB- 10$