Want to dress more like your personality? Or more like the type of person you’d like to be? Using descriptions of the two most common and two least common types from the official Myers-Brigg’s website, all you have to do is follow these step-by-step instructions to become an INFJ, INTJ, ESTP, or ESFP. Presenting yourself in the right way can be key to trying out four Myers-Briggs types.
LEAST COMMON TYPES
Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.
- Performance-enhancing or high-tech garments should be the foundation of any outfit.
- Only wear clothing with patterns.
- Focus on comfort.
- Stay away from name brands.
- Always have a handbag, purse or satchel.
- Seek out clothing with pockets, mesh, and slits.
- Dress patriotically.
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.
- Consider wearing a one-piece jumper or overalls.
- Sheer garments are preferred over opaque.
- Colors and patterns should always match.
- Accessorize freely. Glasses or sunglasses are required.
- Layer your clothes.
- Wear a cause-related bracelet, ribbon, hat or t-shirt.
- Shoes with heels, lifts, platforms or wedges are preferred.
- Wear clothes that are loose fitting or drape-y.
- Be prepared to give away anything you’re wearing.
MOST COMMON TYPES
Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused on immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.
- Wear sexier clothes, especially those made of jersey, knit, or other materials that stretch.
- Accessorize with traditional or religious garb from any culture.
- Embrace luxury brands, opulence, and wear logos proudly.
- Delicate, more beautiful clothes are preferred over durable or functional clothes.
- Wear something inside out.
- When in question, defer to current trends.
Outgoing, friendly, and accepting. Exuberant lovers of life, people, and material comforts. Enjoy working with others to make things happen. Bring common sense and a realistic approach to their work, and make work fun. Flexible and spontaneous, adapt readily to new people and environments. Learn best by trying a new skill with other people.
- Wear clothes that are shiny, sparkly, brightly colored, and/or floral printed, but still preppy.
- Wear athletic team colors.
- Consider versatility, i.e., clothes should be worn from day to night.
- Incorporate elements of costume into your wardrobe.
- Incorporate climbing or hiking gear into your wardrobe.
- Consider gymnastic-appropriate clothing.
- Dress how an adult would have 20 years ago.