In the summer of 2014, Nicole Russo and I started planning a show at her gallery, Chapter NY, together. The gallery is a single room. It has a recessed doorway that is also a window, and an air conditioner pierces the glass above the door. The gallery faces south and receives direct sunlight, so the shade in the window is always drawn. A temperamental radiator sits on the floor. Steam from the city’s underground steam… [read more »]
Thanks for posting about this sickening Olympics party me and the Friends and Family workshop crew (Taavo Somer and Isaac Nichols – two of the best, brightest boys around) are throwing on Friday! Here’s an APB (all points bulletin) of all the crap that’s going on:
- Watch the Olympics on a 30-foot outdoor screen!
- Cool off in a bunch of super fun SPRINKLERS!
- Challenge all those losers in your rival crew to a game of Tug of War!
- Hilarious, fake commentary (Best in Show style) of the Opening Ceremonies (also happening a few other times during the games)!
- Insane Lighting show by Joel Fitzpatrick!
- DJs Nelleke McCowan and JR Reynolds!
- Hester Street Fair food trucks!
- A game of HORSEshoes!!!
- 5-Ring Olympic Onion Rings!
- Tonya Harding CLUB Sandwiches!
- Abercrombie-ish-looking models lingering about in swim suits looking hot and having FUN!
- A booze luge!
- Video art by Thunder Horse Video!
It’s basically the best, no, actually it’s the ONLY ideal spot to watch the opening ceremonies in NYC. But something really important for your readers to know is that the horseshoes, the sprinklers, the arcades, the ping pong and pool tables — the ALL of it – is available throughout the ENTIRE OLYMPIC GAMES. The idea is people can come back on their lunch breaks (I smell an epic Tug of War between DIS Magazine and TUMBLR???) or after work for a Greg Louganis (one of our drink specials – it’s simply a Double Gin and Tonic) and PARTICIPATE. Or watch women’s wrestling? From July 27th all the way through the closing ceremonies on August 12th, we’ll be there. Cos we like to have a BLAST.
Anyway, that’s basically what we’re doing in a nutshell. Should be TOO MUCH FUN.
All my best,