Josef Bull is a Swedish artist based between Stockholm and NYC. Last summer he joined a two-month residency on an icebreaker in the Arctic Ocean. Here are some of his thoughts and a selection of images from the trip. The Swedish Polar Research Secretariat invited me to join Swerus-C3 this summer: a two leg Swedish/Russian/U.S expedition in the East Siberian Arctic Ocean. The goal of the expedition was to investigate the linkage between climate, cryosphere… [read more »]
Thanks for posting about this sickening Olympics party me and the Friends and Family workshop crew (Taavo Somer and Isaac Nichols – two of the best, brightest boys around) are throwing on Friday! Here’s an APB (all points bulletin) of all the crap that’s going on:
- Watch the Olympics on a 30-foot outdoor screen!
- Cool off in a bunch of super fun SPRINKLERS!
- Challenge all those losers in your rival crew to a game of Tug of War!
- Hilarious, fake commentary (Best in Show style) of the Opening Ceremonies (also happening a few other times during the games)!
- Insane Lighting show by Joel Fitzpatrick!
- DJs Nelleke McCowan and JR Reynolds!
- Hester Street Fair food trucks!
- A game of HORSEshoes!!!
- 5-Ring Olympic Onion Rings!
- Tonya Harding CLUB Sandwiches!
- Abercrombie-ish-looking models lingering about in swim suits looking hot and having FUN!
- A booze luge!
- Video art by Thunder Horse Video!
It’s basically the best, no, actually it’s the ONLY ideal spot to watch the opening ceremonies in NYC. But something really important for your readers to know is that the horseshoes, the sprinklers, the arcades, the ping pong and pool tables — the ALL of it – is available throughout the ENTIRE OLYMPIC GAMES. The idea is people can come back on their lunch breaks (I smell an epic Tug of War between DIS Magazine and TUMBLR???) or after work for a Greg Louganis (one of our drink specials – it’s simply a Double Gin and Tonic) and PARTICIPATE. Or watch women’s wrestling? From July 27th all the way through the closing ceremonies on August 12th, we’ll be there. Cos we like to have a BLAST.
Anyway, that’s basically what we’re doing in a nutshell. Should be TOO MUCH FUN.
All my best,